Essay on the legend Bhagat Singh – Bhagat Singh was born in 1907 to Kishan Singh and Vidyavati at Banga in the Lyallpur district of the Punjab Province. His birth coincided with the release of his father and two uncles, Ajit Singh and Swaran Singh, from jail. In 1923, Singh joined the National College in Lahore, where he also participated in extracurricular activities like the dramatics society. he founded the Indian socialist youth organization Naujawan Bharat Sabha in March 1926 He also joined the Hindustan Republican Association.
23 MARCH 1931 WA LIKE ANY OTHER DAY IN LAHORE JAIL. Warden Charat Singh was very close to Bhagat Singh and the other prisoners He was very caring and humble. Prisoners were devastated on hearing the sentence of Bhagat Singh and their comrades Bhagat Singh read various books and he was very much inspired by Lenin. “We shall meet soon” was the last word of Rajguru, Sukhdev and Bhagat Singh hugged each other, kissed the rope, and hung everybody was moved and cried at that moment. But the jail authorities didn’t treat them well and threw their bodies on the bank of Sutlej river however bodies were discovered by villagers and proper cremation of heroes was made.
JOURNEY OF A HERO Bhagat Singh.
- He was very from his early childhood He became a member of HRA in 1924 devastated by the non-cooperation movement
- In 1927 he was first arrested in the Kakori case. There was also a vacuum period after noncooperation and then the revolutionary grew
- Ideology was totally against the Congress however Nehru and Gandhi did not criticize Bhagat Singh
- Bhagat Singh also opposed dominion independence and demanded poorna space that is total independence
KILLING OF SAUNDERS
- In 1928, the British government set up the Simon Commission to report on the political situation in India. Some Indian political parties boycotted the Commission because there were no Indians in its membership.
- When the Commission visited Lahore on 30 October 1928, Lala Lajpat Rai led a march in protest against it. The superintendent of police, James A. Scott, ordered the police to lathi charge Rai died of a heart attack on 17 November 1928.
- HSRA decided to avenge the death of Lala Lajpat Rai and made the whole plan but accidentally they killed John P. Saunders, an Assistant Superintendent of Police, as he was leaving the District Police Headquarters in Lahore on 17 December 1928.
- On 19 December 1928, Sukhdev called on Durgawati Devi for help, which she agreed to provide. They decided to catch the train departing from Lahore to Bathinda en route to Howrah (Calcutta) early the next morning and escaped.
ANYTHING FOR THE COUNTRY
- Bhagat Singh rented a house in Agra and left Calcutta Further strategies of HSRA were planned from this house.
- Bhagat Singh was a very emotional person. He always believed that a man should not be devoid of feelings.
- He thought that there is no political party or organization at present which could spark the revolution except the Ghadar party.
- He also was totally against the Hindu Muslim hatred and considered them one.
ASSEMBLY BOMB CASE
- Lord Irwin introduced two bills on 8 April 1929 First was public safety bill and the second was a trade disputes bill which agitated everyone.
- They thought about what must they do to stop this and the Bhagat Singh came up with an idea to throw the bombs at the assembly but didn’t mean to hurt anyone.
- two people Ramsaran Das and BK Dutt were nominated but Bhagat Singh proposed his name for this after a while Opposed by Azad and he didn’t want to lose the best leader but was convinced later.
- On 6 April 1929, they went to the assembly hall Bhagat Singh chose the moment carefully and threw the first bomb away from the member and the hall plunged into darkness everybody was confused, and the second bomb was thrown by Dutt.
- Bhagat Singh recalled the words of a French anarchist AUGUSTEVAILLANT.
- “It takes a loud voice to make a deaf hear” and was immediately arrested.
- Bhagat Singh didn’t try to escape instead surrendered and was arrested Authorities had thought that they had gotten the big fish and were charged attempt to murder and young Asif Ali was his lawyer.
- They thought in the court they will get justice but it didn’t happen. And the trial started in the first week of June 1929 Bhagat Singh later realized that the Britishers will go to any extent to sentence him.
- Jai Gopal and Hansraj Vohra and three more also turned against him Bhagat Singh was sent to Miawali jail in Lahore and also conducted a hunger strike there for 97 days against the pathetic conditions of the jail.
- He gathered immense mass support from this and also leaders supported him his slogan INQUILAB ZINDABAD was on everybody’s tongue but Jatin Das died on 13 September 1929 due to the strike.
- On 3 October 1929 hunger strike ended.
- After the strike, Bhagat Singh refocused on the trial Once due to Jai Gopal’s traitors judge ordered them to be Handcuffed in court which was brutal.
- Contributions to HSRA began to pour from all over the world When Vohra gave his testimony against Bhagat he was personally disappointed and grieved.
- By Aug-26 457 witnesses had been examined On 7 Oct 1930 Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, and Rajguru were sentenced to death and 7 were accused of life imprisonment and 2 were of 7 years and 5 years.
- The news of this sentence came as a shock to the people and there were spontaneous hartals and protests all across the country.
GANDHI AND BHAGAT
- Everybody knew that it was Gandhi who can save the life of these revolutionaries and Gandhi looked into the matter but failed.
- It was apparent that Gandhi didn’t want to identify with the revolutionary but he did take the initiative.
- There was an ideological difference between them but ultimately they were born on the same soil.
- No one came to meet Rajguru and Sukhdev but Bhagat Singh’s family did come to meet him.
- His father mother, three sisters, and the youngest ten years old Kultar Singh wept uncontrollably.
- Jail warden Charat Singh told that the jail time is over and was a very emotional movement for them.
- Bhagat Singh controlled himself His kurta was damped with tears specially Kultar and hanged on 23 MARCH 1931.